In January 2012 Jay and I decided to start the adoption process again, as we could not wait to grow our family. Since this was our second time adopting the approval process was mush easier :) We were officially approved on May 31st, 2012! From then all of us (including Sophia) prayed for a little baby. Sophia wanted a little brother, but we told her it was in God's hands. Late August we received an email from our counselor regarding an opportunity in PA. Jay and I both agreed it was just for us and one week later on Labor Day evening we got the call that we were picked!! We were overjoyed but cautious as well. We were told upfront that the birthparents may change their mind, and we should probably only tell family. Four days later on Friday Sept. 7th we got the call that our little boy had been born a day prior but unfortunately the birthparents decided to keep him. We were very sadened but understood. Two days later our counselor calls us back and asks if I am sitting down because she said the birthparents changed their minds again and we need to hurry up and pick up our son from the hospital as he was being released today!!! What joy!!!! Jay and I were beyond thrilled, and continue to feel so blessed every day.
Please meet Jack Minh Truong Burns
Born 9/6/12
Weighing 6lbs. 1 oz., 19 1/2inch.
No comments:
Post a Comment